DATED RECORDED: August 28, 2015
Please click on the Webinar Payment Form below to access the webinar
Information about this webinar:
- Conjoint - "related to, made up or, or carried on by two or more in combination" Merriam-Webster
- Blending financial planning with therapy to help clients attain financial wellness is a ‘bleeding edge’ concept. A growing number of therapists and financial planners are partnering as an effective way to address client’s money issues. Rick Kahler, CFP®, and Dave Jetson, LPC-MH, MS, QMHP are pioneers in the emerging field of financial therapy and blending individual and group therapy with financial planning. This webinar is a case example of how a financial professional and therapy professional can work together to the benefit of clients.
- CEUs: (How to claim)
- AFC® - Application has been approved for one (1) hour of AFC® credit.
- CFP® - Application has been approved for one (1) hour of CFP® credit.
- Who Should Attend: This webinar is designed primarily for experienced practitioners in both of the following fields of practice and in academia:
- Therapists, Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Psychologists
- Financial Counselors, CFPs®, Wealth Managers, Financial Planners and the like
- Cost: $30 Non-members, $15 Members, $10 Student Members
- Levels: This session is best suited for experienced, graduate degreed attendees, but those who are working on advanced degrees or who are at the earlier stages of their practice and experience will also benefit.
- At the end of this session, the Participant should be able to:
- Identify the pertinent aspects of adding a financial therapy approach to your practice
- Examine collaboration methods financial planners and therapists could consider
- Formulate a plan that could help you identify and locate a collaborative financial or therapist partner
About the Presenters - Rick Kahler, MSFP, ChFC, CFP® and Dave Jetson, LPC-MH, MS, QMHP
Read Biosketch Here
Rick Kahler, MS, CFP®, ChFC, CCIM, is the founder and president of Kahler Financial Group. He began his professional career in 1973 selling and appraising real estate. He founded Kahler Financial Group in 1981 and became the first fee-only Certified Financial Planner in South Dakota in 1983. He is on the faculty at Golden Gate University where he teaches their Facilitating Financial Health graduate course.
His firm, specializing in the integration of financial coaching, counseling, and traditional financial planning, attracts a nationwide clientele. Rick specializes in investment advising and financial planning services for business owners, professionals, and retirees. Read more here.
Read Biosketch Here
Dave Jetson is a licensed professional counselor in private practice who provides individual, couples, marriage, family, and group counseling and workshops. He is a pioneer in counseling clients across the country and internationally via the Internet. He specializes in experiential therapy and intuitive experiential therapy, approaches which allow him to help clients heal at a deep emotional level. Dave received his MS in counseling from South Dakota State University in 2003, graduating summa cum laude. His dissertation topic was experiential therapy. Dave has created and conducts a number of various workshops, including some relating to the psychology of money. He also has served for several years as a group facilitator at Onsite Workshops in Nashville, Tennessee. Read more here.
There are two steps to claim your certificate. (1) Complete the evaluation here. Certificates will be emailed to you within two weeks. (2) Email the FTA Office with notification of completion of evaluation and what CEUs are requested. Be sure to include the webinar number in the subject line.