What is Financial Therapy?
- FTA 2016 Conference, DoubleTree, Asheville, NC, USA
- May 9-11; book hotel room first, save $100 on registration
- Print AGENDA (updated 4/26/16) or online agenda FTAConference2016.sched.org
- Phone or Tablet: FTAConference2016.sched.org/mobile (bookmark this)
- CEUs approved for Mental Health, AFC®, and CFP®
Financial therapy involves the integration of cognitive, emotional, behavioral, relational, and economic aspects that influence financial well-being, and ultimately, quality of life. Financial therapy professionals understand the interpersonal and intrapersonal aspects of money and utilize this knowledge to help clients achieve their financial goals. Financial therapy scholars are dedicated to producing and sharing clinical, experimental, and survey research that progresses the field of financial therapy.
What is the Financial Therapy Association?
The Financial Therapy Association (FTA) is a professional organization comprised of practitioners and scholars from the fields of mental health (e.g., marriage and family therapists, counselors, psychologists, social workers, life coaches) and financial services (e.g., financial planners, financial counselors, financial educators, financial coaches). The purpose of FTA is to: